We are pleased to offer this highly respected course for those wishing to work as Maternity/Night Nanny or those wishing to gain further understanding of newborn care. The course covers every aspect of the Maternity/Night Nanny role.
2 DAY INFANT CARE SPECIALIST & MENTAL STIMULATION TRAINING COURSE: R1250
Suitable For: Experienced Nannies and Mother’s help
The 2 day Course Structure covers:
Breast/Bottle feeding and weaning
• Role and responsibilities of a maternity nanny
• The process of lactation
• Breast feeding including latching, positioning and difficulties.
• Expressing/using pumps.
• Colic and reflux Bottle feeding.
• First stages of puree and baby-led weaning.
General Newborn care
• Getting new born experience and working in people’s homes
• Settling unhappy babies.
• Bathing and Changing nappies
• Cord, skin and eye care.
• The correct preparation of infant formula
• Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID’s)
• Illness and temperatures
Routine in Newborns
• Most popular types of routine on-demand feeding
• How a routine changes in the first weeks/months
• Dropping milk feeds
Sleep Training in Babies
• Understanding sleep cycle’s and how they change
• Sleep associations and how to avoid them.
• Establishing sleep routines.
• Controlled crying.
• Unresponsive baby (breathing and not breathing)
• Choking baby and child
• Raised temperatures
All of our training courses are delivered by experienced Childcare professionals.
Upon completion of the course you will get:
• A Infant Care Specialist & CPR Course Completion Certificate
• Night Nanny Uniform
• Night Nanny Hand Book